What Security Cameras Are Ideal for Parking Lots?
All places regardless of whether there is a high level of activity or not should have at least basic security. Places like parking lots, however, requires a greater level of security. If you run or manage a parking lot business, implementing proper safety measures should be a priority. It is important to monitor individuals and vehicles coming in and out the facility. Consider installing the right security camera systems as it will not only improve your parking lot security but will also attract more customers, thus, increasing your business’ profitability.
3 Top Benefits of Security Camera Systems for Parking Lots
- Increase Public Safety – The presence of surveillance cameras will provide your employees and customers a sense of security and peace of mind while they are away.
- Reduce Liability – Accidents can happen at any time at any parking lot. Should there be liability claims or personal injury lawsuits, video footage can serve as evidence.
- Prevent Vehicle Theft – Parking lots are one among the favorite location for thieves considering that there are many parked cars, and that may contain valuable personal properties – cell phones, stereo systems, laptops, GPS systems, etc. Installing surveillance cameras can help deter criminals from breaking into parked cars, and if these criminals were lucky, captured images or videos could help law enforcement identify responsible individuals.
What Type of Security Cameras are Ideal for Parking Lots?
There are many security cameras available today in the market, and not all of them are best for parking lots. Here are top features your parking lot security camera should have:
- Install cameras that are designed for outdoor use and are weatherproof. It should be sturdy enough to withstand inclement weather conditions.
- Prefer vandal proof security cameras. These cameras are difficult to steal or break.
- It is highly recommended to install cameras that can zoom in or out and have motion sensors. They can be programmed to zoom in and follow the movements of an individual.
- Another best option is to install wireless IP cameras as it gives you the option to monitor the parking lot remotely. They are easier to use than traditional cameras since you don’t have to worry about using lots of cables.
No matter what your security needs are, rest assured that there are a variety of security cameras you can choose from. In most cases, using a combination of different types of parking lot security cameras have been proven to be more efficient. Installing outdoor security cameras combined with night-vision cameras can be valuable in monitoring parking lots 24/7.
Total Security will work with you to design a parking lot security system that works, complete with the most up to date safety devices. Call us at (516) 775-2304 to learn more about how security camera installations can improve security in parking lots.