How Can I Track My Company’s Business Vehicles
Today’s economy can be rough with tough competition between businesses. Since you are in a competitive environment, it helps to have and edge on your competitors. You may be wondering about how you can track your fleet of vehicles to improve your business. When your business depends on the reliability of your vehicles, you operate on a day to day basis. You need to find a way to monitor those vehicles and the answer to your question is in GPS vehicle tracking. Today, we will go over the benefits of GPS vehicle tracking in its entirety.
GPS Tracking History and Uses
Global Positioning System (GPS) has been here since 1973, and it works by using satellites in orbit which determine the exact location of a device in real time. In our modern day society, most of us have GPS tracking systems installed in our mobile phones. This is because the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) has made GPS mandatory in Phones since 2005 for emergency purposes.
GPS tracking is used in business and personal uses on a day to day basis. Tracking can show you exactly where your device is so you can go and recover it. Most mobile phones have Mobile Device Management (MDM), which can remotely lock on a signal to track them. Delivery companies use GPS to know where delivery trucks are and keep an eye on employees to make sure they are where they are supposed to be.
GPS has been being used by parents to show where their children are by finding them with GPS in their phones, backpacks, and ID cards. Healthcare has also been using GPS along with biometric storage devices for easy to access health care accessibility for a smarter tomorrow.
Improve Business with GPS Tracking
With GPS tracking, you will be able to view the exact routes your drivers take along with previous routes. Here are some more of the added benefits GPS tracking provides:
- Improved Customer Relations: This will provide faster, more reliable service. This will provide you with a competitive edge as you will be able to offer more affordable rates than the competition. You will also be able to effectively communicate with your customers, letting them know exactly when delivery of the product will be based on GPS calculation.
- Improved Business for Management: You will be able to win new contracts while safeguarding your reputation as a solid company. You will be able to increase sales revenues while increasing productivity and managing territory more effectively.
- Safety for Your Drivers: Increases navigation and increases the security for each vehicle you have on the road. Your drivers will have proof of service because of the GPS as well as having the GPS act as a navigational aid.
- Reduced Paperwork: There will also be less paperwork than is needed because the GPS records are much easier to keep track of and organize. Reduced paperwork means less money spent on bookkeeping and accounting expenses.
- Tax Incentives: The section 179 tax deduction was created to help businesses purchase up to $25,000 in equipment or software to improve and increase business revenue. Purchasing GPS for your vehicles does fall within the section 179 tax deduction. This tax deduction does expire on December 31, 2015, so it’s smart to take advantage of it before the end of the year.
Total Security – Top GPS Vehicle Tacking
As we’ve seen today, GPS tracking is quite beneficial for your business for a number of reasons. Not only will you be able to save money and be more productive, but you will grow your business as a whole. The tax incentives for your GPS tracking make this opportunity virtually free, and it’s always a good idea to take advantage of something that will help your business to succeed. If you have a fleet of vehicles in today’s world, you can’t really afford not to have GPS.
Total Security has been in business for over ten years helping companies like yours with their GPS and security needs. Total Security has a variety of pricing and plans for your fleet. Contact Total Security today to talk about GPS for your fleet.